19 – 27 March 2022 9 days Ex Hervey Bay
Diver $2,695 Non Diver $1,945
Turtle Hatching Season 2022
Imagine diving in the world’s biggest aquarium, the Great Barrier Reef and experiencing crystal clear water with an amazing array of marine life. Since being declared a Green Zone in 2003, the marine environment around Lady Elliot Island has gone from ‘Great’ to ‘Amazing’. The diversity, quantity and size of the marine animals are truly remarkable and it’s just getting better with the passage of time. The Island is known as the ‘Home of the Manta Ray’ and these giant kites of the sea can be seen feeding around the island throughout the year.
Lady Elliot is very fortunate to have three species of sea turtles that frequent the Island throughout the year – Hawksbill, Green and Loggerhead turtles. Green and Loggerhead turtles nest on the island between the months of November to March. These gentle giants nest on Lady Elliot Island up to nine times in a season, laying between 80 and 120 eggs per clutch. Under the careful guidance of the Turtle Rangers, guests of all ages can experience this amazing phenomenon. Turtle hatching season normally runs from February through to April.
The Eco Resort offers a range of comfortable accommodation options, with each Unit and Cabin designed to minimise the impact on the Island while enriching the overall guest experience of the environment and seasonal wildlife.
Lady Elliot Island is an experience not to be missed!
- 10 x Boat Dives – includes tanks, weights and dive guide
- 1 night twin/double share studio accommodation at the Kondari Resort in Hervey Bay
- 7 nights Eco Cabin twin/triple share (shared facilities) at Lady Elliot Island Resort
- Optional accommodation upgrade to Twin/Double share Garden Unit (ensuite)$720pp
- Airfare – Return scenic flight ex Hervey Bay to Lady Elliot Island
- 15kg luggage limit ($14.00 per kg excess – must be organised and prepaid prior to travel) Soft bags preferred (70cm x 40cm x 30cm).
- Cabin allowance is 2kg
- Transfers and Activities
- Buffet breakfast & dinner daily
- Guided turtle nesting/hatching tour
- 1 x glass bottom boat/guided snorkelling tour
- Free use of snorkel equipment & lesson if required
- Range of free island activities and guided tours
- Environmental Management Charge
What’s Not included
- Enriched Air Nitrox available at extra charge (bring certification card)
- Travel insurance
- Personal spending money
- Excess luggage fees ($14 per kg return)
- Domestic flights to and from Hervey Bay. A group airfare will be assessed once a minimum of 10 travellers are booked and confirmed.
Booking conditions and requirements
- To secure your place on this trip, please complete the online booking form and return it together with a deposit of $500 per person.
- The package is subject to change at any time without notice due to supplier rate changes.
- See other terms and conditions as per the Dive Adventures website www.diveadventures.com.au
Extras/What to bring
- Shampoo and Conditioner (not supplied) available for purchase on island
- All dive gear and camera gear (excluding tanks and weights)
- Certification Card (highest level)
- Current dive medical if aged over 45
- DSMB, Whistle, Snorkel (mandatory requirements)
- Recommended to wear 5mm wetsuit (water temperature approx. 24deg)
- Weight belt for snorkelling in lagoon (no weights)