Apeks MTX-RC Single Cylinder Set
The Apeks MTX-RC Single Cylinder Set with Long Hose is designed for the diver that prefers an extended hose configuration on a single cylinder. It is also the perfect set-up for the recreational diver looking to transition into twinset diving in the future, as the addition of another first stage creates a twinset regulator configuration.
Combining rugged, military-grade engineering with the super-smooth breathing experience that Apeks regulators are renowned for, the MTX-RC single cylinder set dives your way.
Featuring the same freeze-resistant technology enjoyed by the whole MTX-R range, the MTX-RC resists free flows in even the coldest temperatures, while offering the user the additional flexibility to dial it out for a comfortable breathe in less extreme environments.
All this is achieved using an innovative first stage design that protects the regulator from freezing and a full set of user controls on the second Stage to adjust the breathing performance based on the diver’s individual needs. Regulator kit Includes a tactical style messenger bag to keep your regulators safe on your travels. Perfectly sized for a laptop, it’s also your new work bag!
Regulator Package Includes:
- 2 x MTX-RC primary second stages
- 1 x MTX-RC first stage,
- 1x 2.1m double swivel hose
- 1x 49cm double swivel hose
- 1x HP hose
- 1x Apeks TEK SPG
- 1x Bungee Connector Kit
- A Tactical style regulator bag
MTX-RC First Stage Features:
- Satin plated brass body with heat exchanging ribs for maximum thermal performance
- .Break through, innovative over-moulded first-stage endcap and environmental diaphragm help prevent ice build-up that can cause first stage free flow in extreme circumstances. Also protects the first stage from impact damage. Ribbed diaphragm clamp for improved heat exchange in cold water conditions.
- Unique over-balanced diaphragm design – as the diver descends, the over-balancing feature allows the medium pressure gas in the hose to increase at a faster rate than ambient. This results in superior performance at depth.
- 5 x medium pressure ports, 4 mounted on a rotating turret for improved hose orientation
- 2 x angled high-pressure ports for optimal hose routing and fitting of transmitters.
- Has a Double swivel hose for greater freedom of movement and comfort.
- Easy to grip DIN hand-wheel or over-moulded yoke hand-wheel, only requires one hand to release.
- DIN, Yoke and M26 Thread available, 300bar, 232bar and M26 300bar (O2) respectively.
- Is tested for Octopus use – EN250A to 60 metres cold water.
- Nitrox/Oxygen compatible – Up to 40% O2 outside the EU (European Union), within the EU anything above 21% O2 must use an M26 Connection.
MTX-RC 2nd Stages
- Has built-in protective bumpers to protect the second Stages from impacts and scratches in there most vulnerable places.
- Ergonomic and simple to use venturi lever.
- Oversize breathing effort adjuster makes adjustment easy in cold water while wearing gloves.
- Large purge button.
- MTX-RC are reversible second Stage for either a left or right-hand gas supply configuration.
- A heat exchanger (patented) dissipates the cold caused by gas expansion while drawing in the warmth of the ambient water for more comfortable breathing.
- Regulators feature an innovative Diver Changeable Exhaust system (DCE). The system gives the diver the ability to change from a small exhaust tee to a large exhaust tee. The regulator is supplied with both sets of exhaust tees.
- Comfo-bite mouthpiece
- Has flexible nylon braided hose, which has better cold water performance than traditional rubber hose.
- They are designed and manufactured in the UK.
- No single-use plastic in the packaging
Bungee Connector Kit:
The bungee connector system has been designed as a neat storage solution for your backup regulator and can be configured according to a diver’s personal preference.
The system also has a lockout feature for retaining a regulator in the mouth of an unconscious diver during a rescue situation.
The kit comprises:
- Bungee Cord
- Bungee Connector
- Instruction Sheet
- Mouthpiece Clip
Apeks MTX-RC Single Cylinder Set Specifications
Weight DIN – 1.193 kg (2.63lbs)
Max working pressures 1st Stage
DIN – 300 bar (4351 psi)
Yoke – 232 bar (3365 psi)
9-10 bar (131-145 psi)
Part Numbers RG122129 – MTX-RC Regulator yoke
RG122130 – MTX-RC Regulator DIN
RQ115117 – MTX-RC Stage 3 set
RT127128 – MTX-RC 1st stage yoke
RT127127 – MTX-RC 1st stage DIN
RS116119 – MTX-RC 2nd Stage