Aqualung Legend Elite Black Regulator Set
Buy the Best of the Best today, The Aqualung Legend Elite Black Regulator Set complete with the legend 3 octopus is the perfect combination of high-performance and stunning design. An aesthetic masterpiece made with stainless-steel parts, intuitive ergonomics are at your fingertips. Diving experts do appreciate the technical precision of this amazing regulator.
The LEGEND First Stage Features:
- Auto Closure Device (ACD) keeps the inlet shut to protect the first-stage internal parts from contamination and corrosive water when the first stage is not connected to a cylinder valve. This:
- Preserves the internal lubrication
- Keeps the inlet filter clean and dry
- Safer for elevated percentages of oxygen
- Exceptional cold-water performance is achieved by modernizing Aqua Lung’s three anti-freeze properties:
- Where there’s no moisture, there’s no ice: The LEG3ND’s integrated dry chamber keeps inner components clean and dry by isolating them from the outside environment.
- Deep ribs create a large heat exchange surface area that helps to prevent ice from forming on the mechanism (+30% vs Glacia / +70% vs Legend 2)
- The new over-moulded cap delays ice forming over the external diaphragm
- Auto-Balanced (also known as Over-Balanced)
- Progressive increase of the working pressure to maintain optimum breathing efforts: Depending on the diver’s depth, the working pressure of the first stage is automatically elevated to counteract the increased breathing air density
- Ergonomically shaped YOKE screws made of a bi-material “Soft Grip” surface provide a better hold when installing or removing the first stage – especially with cold hands.
- Channelled YOKE screw to prevent water retention.
- Specialized ACD Dust cap attached to the regulator body to protect the inlet fitting and the ACD system from impacts or damage
- Perfectly positioned HP and MP ports to provide optimal hose routing
The Legend Black Edition Second Stage Features:
- Black Titadur Coated Bezel and Ring
- Black on Black Co-Molded Exhaust Tee
- Stainless Steel purge button
- New front cover opening channels allow water to flow sideways over the diaphragm
- Radial openings to prevent freeflow when diving in stronger currents
- Openings widened to reduce peak inspiratory flow by an impressive 20%
- New over-moulded exhaust cover made of elastomer with a “soft touch” effect
- Overmolded air purge
- A wide surface area makes regulator purging easier
- The purge depth controller optimizes airflow with minimal effort
- A patented Comfobite mouthpiece reduces jaw fatigue and secures the second stage more comfortably.
- A detachable and reusable mouthpiece clamp allows a quick and simple tool-free mouthpiece change without plastic waste.
- The enlarged heat exchanger helps to prevent the freezing of the second-stage mechanism
- Air channel deflector
- Directs the air flow evenly during the inhalation phase
- A streamlined bi-material deflector lowers the exhalation effort
- Flexible and lightweight Aqua Flex hose with dual protectors
Aqualung Legend 3 Octopus
The Legend 3 Occy or LEGEND Supreme Octopus, Has been designed for longevity and performance.
When performance is your highest priority, LEGEND is the answer. The Aqualung Legend 3 Octopus shares the same breathing characteristics with the LEGEND ELITE and LEGEND MBS. The familiar Venturi switch now features an updated and ergonomic design. Because your sensations and emotions are amplified in the underwater world, you can focus on what matters: feeling free.
What’s in the Box
- LEG3ND Black Edition 1st and 2nd Stage Regulator
- Legend 3 Octopus
- User’s Guide
Legend Elite Specs
LEG3ND First Stage
Type of first stage Overbalanced diaphragm design
Auto-Closure Device (ACD) Yes
Number of HP ports 2
Number of MP ports 4
1st Stage Flow Rate 1500 l/min
1st Stage Weight in Yoke 957 gm
Environmental Dry Kit Permanent
First stage exterior Chrome over marine brass
LEG3ND Second Stage
Type of second stage Pneumatically balanced
Controls Venturi switch
Breathing resistance Adjustable
Mouthpieces 2ea. – A Comfo-Bite, installed, and a standard with bite wings in the box
Lip shield Included
Heat Exchanger Standard on all models
2nd Stage Weight 227 g
Hose length 730 mm
Overall Work of Breathing Avg. 0.70 joules/liter
Nitrox compatible Yes, to 40% O2 when new, out of the box