Aqualung Legend 3 MBS Regulator
LEG3ND MBS Scuba Regulator
The Aqualung Legend 3 Regulator is the latest and greatest underwater breathing technology. It is Aqualung’s best-selling and highest-performing regulator, capable of outperforming anything else in any condition – whether you’re diving under ice at one of the poles or on a tropical reef.
The Legend 3 has a unique combined adjustment that controls the inhalation effort and venturi effect automatically. The Master Breathing System is a new way to adjust the comfort on a second stage. The diver can perfectly master breathing comfort in one simple rotation. With the MBS on minimum position (only one full rotation), the spring is fully compressed and inhalation effort is about 3 mbar higher.
Free flow is contained when the venturi blade restricts the injection outlet. With the MBS on maximum position, the injection of the airstream is unrestricted and the flow is maximized.
The ACD keeps contaminants out of the first stage, and the 1st Stage heat exchange surface is now 70% larger to reduce the build-up and the ice formation.
The cracking effort has been reduced by 20% more than the previous legend model, and this eases the breath amazingly at any depth.
Legend 3 Regulators are pure luxury, They have a PVD finish that looks like traditional chrome plating. Smart, innovative, and feature-rich, the Legend LX, like the rest of the Legend family of regulators, is engineered for longevity and unsurpassed breathing performance.
Aqualung has solved two longstanding problems for technical divers: free flows when switching tanks and extremely high work of breathing when diving in cold water with drysuits.
Legend 3 First Stage:
- Auto-Closure Device Prevents corrosive water out of the first stage inlet by automatically closing as the core is removed from the cylinder valve, preventing internal lubrication from washing away and is safer for higher proportions of oxygen
- Keeps Water Out Environmental dry system keeps water out of the main spring chamber. This prevents ice buildup in cold water and keeps silt and contamination out. The heat exchange surface is now 70% larger.
- Over-balanced Diaphragm Unique, over-balanced diaphragm results in superior performance at depth
- HP/MP Ports and “T” Shape 2 HP ports (7/16″) and 4 MP ports (3/8″), Precisely oriented streamlined hose positioning
- Yoke or DIN Available in yoke (3,300psi/232 bar max.) or DIN (4,350psi/300 bar max.)
- Up to EAN 40 Compatible with up to EAN 40 right out of the box
Legend 3 Second Stage:
- Master Breathing System Master Breathing System (MBS) gives you two breathing performance controls in one: change the opening effort and change the direction of air, which alters the Venturi effect
- The Cracking effort has been reduced by 20% more than the previous legend model
- Pneumatically Balanced Pneumatically balanced for smooth, easy breathing
- Comfo-Bite Comfo-Bite mouthpiece is soft yet sturdy and reduces jaw fatigue with its unique palate bridge
- Heat Exchanger Patented heat exchanger dissipates the cold caused by gas expansion while drawing in warmth from the ambient water
- Ergonomic Design Exhaust tee channels the exhaust bubbles out of your field of vision and contributes to a reduction in exhalation
- Braided Hose Attached to a 29″ braided Aqua Flex hose that is lightweight and extremely pliable, eliminating strain from tugging on the mouthpiece