Cressi Gara Turbo Carbon Freediving Fins
Gara Turbo Carbon Features:
- 29 DEGREE ANGLED INTERCHANGEABLE CARBON BLADE
- MODULAR DETACHABLE FIN
- SUPERIOR PERFORMANCE
- SUPERIOR COMFORT
- SELF ADJUSTING FOOT POCKET
- Thermoplastic rubber foot pocket, certified Full Contact
- Standard blade/stringer interface with screws under the foot pocket and side clips
Cressi has successfully transferred the same design parameters for S-shaped undulating deformation to this innovative carbon fin following the Impulse project.
This particular movement permits a significant accumulation of elastic potential energy in the blade that is released in the return kick, transforming into thrust.
The effect has been achieved using a finite element programme that enables the performance offered by carbon fibre to be exploited to the full.
The blade is all-carbon fibre with an angle of 29°.
The carbon fibre is imported from Japan and manufactured by Mitsubishi to strict qualitative protocols. The blade is subsequently finished with an industrial co-moulding process at Cressi’s factory in Genoa, Italy. The shaped and processed sheet is then produced in a specialist plant in Turkey.
The elevated chemical bonding achieved between blade and rail, effectively creating a single piece, has permitted the elimination of the rigid glue that prevented the carbon fibre blade from flexing naturally.
The thermoplastic rubber used for the water channelling rails is extremely flexible and soft so as not to undermine the intrinsic characteristics of the carbon fibre.
Therefore, the blade is less fragile and more protected by the rubber.
The end result is a very light fin, with every square millimetre exploiting the flexibility of the carbon fibre to the full.
The new insole for Gara Modular fins is recommended for use with thin boots in temperate waters because it improves the kick performance.
- The semi-rigid material of the insole is completely recycled.
- According to pre-printed guidelines, the insoles are supplied as a pair (right and left foot) and can be cut into their shape in three different sizes.
- All fin components are also supplied separately.