Apollo Bio-Fin Ranger
Apollo Ranger Stealth Fins are Tough, light & compact
The Apollo Bio-Fin Ranger is a lighter more compact tactical split fin made from 100 % natural rubber material designed specifically for Military and SAR operations and are ideal for helicopter or parachute insertions. Fits both Amphibious boots and standard Military footwear such as Jungle Boots while a tough 100% rubber blade provides exceptional manoeuvrability and explosive trust.
Dynamic split blade technology is proven to reduce fatigue and maximize endurance
Large boots pocket optimized to fit in with tactical boots.
Excellent operability and propulsive power provided by the natural rubber material realize unparalleled functionality.
Propeller-fin technology ensures superior efficiency and endurance by reducing load.
Spring strap releases the risk of strap breakage and promises quick wearing.
Comfortable walking is assured by the non-slip sole and optimally contoured hood pocket.
It holds negative buoyancy in seawater.
Apollo Bio-fin Ranger Features:
- Fits both Amphibious boots and standard Military footwear.
- A tough Natural rubber-based blade provides exceptional maneuverability and explosive trust.
- Propeller-fin technology – proven to reduce fatigue and maximize endurance.
- Secure stainless steel spring strap eliminates strap, lug or buckle breakage and are quick & easy to don and remove.
- Soft comfortable foot pocket with anti-slip high traction sole (easy to walk in).
- Negatively buoyant, if the operator is required to discard the fin it will sink to the bottom so as not to alert others of the operator’s presence.
MIN-MAG (Low Mu) for EOD (Explosive Ordnance Disposal)
- Made in Japan
Ranger Fin Sizes
M-L Length 423mm Width 252mm
Fits US 8~10
L-XL Length 423mm Width 252mm
Fits US 10+
Operators prefer Apollo’s natural rubber material as it’s negatively buoyant.
The flexibility of rubber increases thrust and reduces the risk of surface splashing. If the operator is required to discard the fin it will sink to the bottom so as not to alert others of the operator’s presence.
For both short and long-distance water operations the Apollo Assault fin brings an enhanced capability that covers all aspects of military operations such as MCT (Maritime Counter-Terrorism), MTO (Maritime Tactical Operations), MCM (Mine Counter Measures) and UBDR (Underwater Battle Damage Repair).
The fin focusing on mobility
In the field of rescue or military operation, divings encounter totally different situation from ordinary divings.
For example, wearing fins overworking shoes, safety shoes or military boots, and walking with the fins on the bottom of the water to rescue victims, an injured person or heavy collapsed stuff.
To cope with those situations bio-fin ranger/ranger RS is made with mobility in mind. Assuming the situation was walking with fins on the muddy ground, It adopts non-slippery three-dimensional patterned sole which is unusual as a diving fin. The blade length is set at the marginal size to be able to walk.
Bio-fin Ranger Specs:
- Main component: Natural rubber
- Hardness: 75o
- Colour: Black
- Strap: Apollo Spring Strap
Tech & Care
- A wider kick results in loss of momentum. Whether your travelling at cruise speed or powering through current keep your kicks small. You will move quicker and more efficiently.
- Rinse fins with fresh water after use. Store indoors. Avoid extended exposure to extreme heat, cold, damp, dry and automotive exhaust. Bio fins are not the same material as tires which are often a synthetic or hybrid. Avoid UV and other protective sprays or lubricants. These products often contain oils or other ingredients harmful to natural rubber.
- Spring Straps are stainless but not stain proof. To ensure hardware remains cosmetically appealing and easy to work with, we recommend occasional disassembly to rinse screw threads. Baking soda helps remove any staining that may occur.