Apeks SMB Yellow (Surface Marker Buoy)
Apeks Tech SMB
The new Apeks SMB Yellow (Surface Marker Buoy) is one of the best quality smaller travel-sized SMBs on the market.
That will last you for many years due to the high-quality design and materials used.
Super easy to use as you can blow up the Smb with one single breath of air and then deploy it from underwater or on the surface.
Use the SMB with the best-designed spool on the market, The Apeks Spool Kit.
Apeks DSMB Yellow Features
- SOLAS Reflective Tape – Sewn on both sides for maximum visibility.
- Brass Eyelets – Allow the Apeks SMB to be folded and used as an emergency float; it also doubles up as an attachment point to the reel.
- I3 Oral inflate valve – makes it so much easier to blow up than the standard metal or plastic-type, especially in cold water.
- Bungee closure with a rubber pull tab – much more comfortable to deploy and stow, especially while wearing gloves.
- 2″ Stainless D-ring – easier to find and clip off your reel or spool. It also adds weight to the bottom to help when deploying.
- Colour: Yellow for emergencies.
This SMB is sewn and taped around all the way.
Most others are folded and taped on one side, which causes the edge that isn’t taped to wear and leak.