Apeks MTX-R Octopus Second Stage
THE Apeks MTX-R Octopus Second Stage is a High performance, pneumatically balanced, lever operated poppet valve. Large, diver-friendly self-flushing controllable purge button.
The front cover with an over-moulded elastomer incorporates a formed chrome plated brass plate improving the durability of the second stage. Large protective elastomer bumpers on the side and on the top to protect the second stage from impacts and scratches in the most vulnerable places.
The reversible second stage for either a left or right-hand gas supply configuration. A heat exchanger (patented) which surrounds the valve mechanism, dissipates the cold caused by gas expansion while drawing in the warmth of the ambient water. Comfo-bite mouthpiece Double swivel hose Flexible nylon braided hose has better cold water performance than traditional rubber hose.
MTX-R Octopus Features:
- Simple to use 2nd stage with no dive adjustment controls and a reduced chance of free flow.
- Double swivel Braided Flexi-hose for greater freedom of movement and comfort.
- A patented heat exchanger surrounds the valve mechanism, dissipating the cold caused by gas expansion while drawing in the warmth of the ambient water.
- Developed in accordance with the United States Navy Experimental Dive Unit extreme cold water test.
- Tested for Octopus use to 60 meters in cold water.
- Can be O2 cleaned to 100%.
- Nitrox compatible Yes to 40% O2 when new, out of the box
- Hose Not included