Apeks EXOTEC-S – Dive BCD Orange
The Apeks EXOTEC-S – Dive BCD provides exceptional comfort both in and out of the water. With an articulated backplate that pivots at the waist and works with your body, you’ll experience more freedom of movement, maximizing comfort during your dive. A perfect fit can be customizable across all sizes, resulting in less drag and increased energy efficiency.
The ethos behind Exotec is the synthesis of equipment and diver. It is designed to fit like no other BCD and flow with the natural movement of the diver’s body through the innovative BioReact articulation.
Constructed with the usual, exacting Apeks build quality; the Exotec is a paradigm of form and function.
Apeks EXOTEC-S BCD Features
- BioReact articulating waist system for maximum comfort and freedom of movement.
- GripTek fabric keeps the BCD in place both on the surface and underwater
- Enables the perfect fit with a height-adjustable backplate, adjustable waist and shoulders.
- Adjustable waist and shoulders with up to an extra 10cm for the waist and 5cm for the Shoulders
- Because of the multiple size settings at the top of the shoulders and either side of the waistband, a custom fit can be achieved through any one of 3 sizes.
- The bladder is constructed from super-tough Armoguard slick skin for increased abrasion resistance, faster drying, and reduced bacterial growth risk due to the slick surface.
- The anodised aluminium hardware is both strong and lightweight.
- The new style G hook chest strap and tank retainer allow for one simple-handed operation.
- Two large pockets can be folded flat when not used to reduce drag.
- Wrapture Harness System – Using patented swivel shoulder buckles and a proprietary, ultra-thin backplate, the Wrapture provides unsurpassed comfort and stability. Wrapture prevents the BC from “riding up” on the surface. Out of the water, the Wrapture keeps the cylinder close to your centre of gravity and transfers the weight to your hips. The result is the ability to stand up straight with a perfectly vertical cylinder.
- Also has a mounting point for an optional crotch strap that can be fitted (Crotch strap not included)
- SureLock II Mechanical Weight Release System (patented) – provides a safe, single-pull release. Inserting the weight pocket is as simple as inserting and “click”. Once engaged, the only way to release the weight is to pull on the handle. With SureLock, your weights are secure in the BC.
- Increases surface safety with one of the fastest inflation rates in the industry
- Two trim pockets are located at the rear of the Surelock weight pocket and can hold up to 2.5kg
- There are four dump valves in all, one in each corner. Three are proprietary flat valves that are very streamlined and effective. The dump valve on the upper left is the rapid exhaust valve found at the top of the Powerline inflator.
- The Powerline inflator assembly boasts one of the fastest inflation rates in the industry. This environmentally sealed unit has integrated clips to keep the 27″ Miflex LP inflator hose tucked in securely.
- Provides maximum stability underwater with wraparound style bladder to improve trim and reduce drag
- Sizes Available – Small/Medium, Medium/Large and X-Large/XX-Large
- Weight – Small/Medium 4.42kg, Medium/Large 4.47kg and X-Large/XX-Large 4.54kg
- Colours – Orange or Grey
What’s In the box
- BCD, Inflator hose and user manual.