Rob Allen Snapper Roller Gun 80-120cm
The continued evolution of the Rob Allen Roller Gun brings us the Snapper Roller Gun. After four years of design and testing, the Rob Allen Snapper Roller Gun is what he believes to be the most accurate and powerful gun he has ever brought to market.
They have taken the essentials of the Rob Allen Tuna roller and added the 14mm power band material with a more significant stretch ratio. This gun features new graphics and artwork, and the 14mm band further reduces recoil and maintains fantastic speed and hitting power.
Snapper Roller Gun comes standard with Oversize rollers that reduce the initial effort to load the band. With quad ceramic bearings, it ensures that no salt, sand or grit will cause any issues, and since it has a very smooth surface, it reduces friction and increases the system’s speed.
Roller shields on the underside prevent the shooting line from catching up in the rollers. A dedicated line groove has been moulded into the bottom of the muzzle to protect the shooting line during hunting.
It wasn’t just the head design he could improve. Rob and the team soon realised that the anchor system and rubber lengths could be improved significantly to store even more energy.
Roller guns have come to revolutionise the spearfishing industry offering greater power, range and accuracy than what was previously possible in a compact package. Chasing large game fish with a 1.1m speargun used to be considered foolish in most parts of the world but not now. With hundreds of prized gamefish being taken with compact 90-110cm roller guns around the world.
Snapper Roller Speargun Features
- Roller shields on the underside prevent the shooting line from catching up in the rollers
- A dedicated line groove has been moulded into the bottom of the muzzle to protect the shooting line during hunting
- Angled band protectors ensure the bands do not overshoot the muzzle
- High wishbone risers ensure that there is plenty of clearance for a finned shaft to be used and not foul on the bands
- Smooth solid trigger mechanism with S/S components and reinforced cartridge casing
- Graphics barrel and handle wrap
- Stainless steel active line released
- Comfortable and ergonomic handle design with loading butt
- Swivel clip attachment point
- Heavy Duty T6061 Alloy barrel with integrated rail
- High-Quality Rob Allen 14mm full pretension roller bands
- Load assist on longer sizes
- Easy load bridles
- Available Gun sizes 80cm, 90cm, 100cm, 110cm, 120cm
- RA lifetime warranty
Other Key Features of the Snapper Roller Gun
- Oversize rollers reducing the initial effort to load the bands
- Line groove: a dedicated groove has been moulded into the underside of the muzzle to direct and protect the shooting line during hunting
- Multi-use line anchor for bungee or as a reel line guide
- Angled band protectors ensure the bands do not overshoot the muzzle.
- Quad ceramic bearings: ceramic is one of the hardest materials available and ensure that no salt, sand or grit will cause any issues. It’s also a very smooth surface, reducing friction and increasing the speed of the system. This has increased the efficiency of Rob Allen’s roller head by over 15% compared to many of the heads on the market not supporting ceramic bearings.
- Roller shields on the underside prevent the shooting line from catching up in the rollers.
- High wishbone risers ensure plenty of clearance for a finned shaft to be used and not foul on the bands.
- The shaft guide extends out past the muzzle ensuring the shaft is supported until the band rests at the end of the shot.
- A secure male/female sleeve system ensure the most secure fitment on the barrel.