BARE SB System Mid Layer Top – Women’s Undergarment
The BARE SB System Mid Layer Top Women’s is an advanced stretch breathable compression-resistant fleece that provides warmth without bulk. It also maintains insulating values at changing depths allowing the diver’s core temperature to remain stable.
Warmth and comfort are essential. So when it comes to thermal protection, our selection of drysuits, accessories and modular layers enables divers to create their own personalized thermal protection system. By assembling these components, you can establish your comfort level based on water temperature and dive duration.
The mid-layer is the warm fleece layer. This is a one-of-a-kind compression-resistant, double layer fleece. This fabric was designed for military use, and when we created it with our partners at Polartec®, we knew this was the perfect application for diving. Don’t be surprised by the lack of bulk. In this case, more bulk definitely does not mean more warmth.
BARE layers are modular and designed specifically for diving to ensure the highest level of comfort and performance in every dive situation. Patterns for the SB System have been thoughtfully developed to ensure that when layering, excessive bulk from stacking panels and zippers is limited to maximize comfort and performance in every diving environment. We have gone to great lengths to source and develop the highest performing fabrics to ensure the best moisture management and warmth.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- High 4-way stretch fleece means the garment is form-fitting and reduces bulk and lead weight requirements compared to non-stretch fleece undergarments.
- A high warmth-to-weight ratio delivers the exact warmth and breathability required for dive applications.
- Includes moisture management technology that acts as the second stage in moisture movement away from the skin
- Incorporates quick-drying characteristics for rapid evaporation, keeping you dry and comfortable
- Includes anti-microbial properties that inhibit bacterial growth, keep the fabric fresh and provide odour control
- Flatseam stitching throughout
- The two-piece design allows the diver to mix and match sizes of top and pants for the perfect fit
- Designed to be used as part of the SB System or as stand-alone garments
- Pull-over design has no bulky closures that restrict stretch.
- Moulded comfort collar reduces neck chaffing.
- Zippered stretch pocket at the right upper arm for key/ID
- Low profile thumb loops to assist in donning
- The lower body is constructed of lighter weight fabric to reduce bulk when tucked in
Material: Stretch, breathable and compression-resistant made from polyester/spandex anti-microbial fleece. Includes Polartec Power Stretch® technology.
Innovation: Compression-Resistant Fleece. Exclusively engineered, this is the first and only fleece fabric designed to be worn under a dry suit. Compression resistance fleece reduces the need for “loft” to create a thermal barrier, thereby eliminating a “bulky” undergarment. It also maintains insulating values at changing depths allowing the diver’s core temperature to remain stable.