Apeks WTX Ultralight Travel Harness System
The Apeks WTX Ultralight Travel System Package is a lightweight Tech/Recreational Single Tank Wing Setup for diving. This setup is great for using on your everyday diving and is great for travel. This setup has been designed for beginners and experienced divers alike. The apeks WTX range allows for unbelievable customisation/personalisation of your setup to suit any of your needs.
Apeks XL4 OCEA Regulator Grey Din
The Apeks XL4 OCEA Regulator Grey Din presents a new concept of the regulator to the diving market. One that comes with the inherent build quality and performance shared by all Apeks regulators but has the prime objective of being the first totally sustainably produced regulator available.
Every manufacturing detail has been considered and adjusted to ensure each material and process has been optimized in the pursuit of minimal environmental impact. Our partnership with PlasticBank establishes the Ocea as the world’s first ocean plastic negative regulator.
Apeks XL4 OCEA Regulators Features and Benefits
- Recycled polymers made from up to 70% post-consumer waste (black components)
- Bioplastic plastic parts are made from non-petroleum-based sources.
- Trivalent chrome plating uses less harmful chemicals and is kinder to the environment.
- Eco brass is lead-free, easier to recycle and has a higher tensile strength than traditional brass.
- First Stage
- Compact machined first stage based on the expedition tested Apeks DS4 platform.
- Unique over-balanced diaphragm design – as the diver descends, the over-balancing feature allows the medium pressure gas in the hose to increase faster than the ambient.
- This results in superior performance at depth.
- With 2 HP ports and 4MP ports.
- Second Stages
- The Compact and lightweight second stage improves comfort and helps reduce jaw fatigue on long-duration dives.
- High-performance pneumatically balanced lever-operated poppet valve.
- Large, over moulded self-flushing and controllable purge button.
- The ergonomic Venturi lever is easy to use and locate.
- Flexible nylon braided hose has better cold water performance than a traditional rubber hose.
- Standard metallic hose connection for interchangeability.
- Comfo-bite mouthpiece has a unique bridge that fits across the upper palate and does not require bite pressure to stay in place.
- Re-useable mouthpiece clip makes it simple to change mouthpieces in the field.
- A durable and flexible rubber exhaust tee provides excellent bubble diversion.
Apeks WTX D18 Wing
Single cylinder wings often referred to as doughnuts, are oval-shaped air cells or bladders that are not permanently attached to a harness. While single cylinder wings have their origins in the realm of technical diving, they are becoming prevalent in the recreational community. Not only are these single cylinder wings streamlined, but due to their shape being a continuous loop, they are very stable underwater. There is no dramatic shift of air from left to right.
Apeks Ultralight Travel Backplate
The WTX and WTX-D Series is a selection of harnesses, buoyancy cells and accessories which offer unparalleled versatility due to the modular nature of the whole system. Each component can be configured into a highly technical rig for those trained to push the limits or scaled down to make a travel-friendly set-up suitable for any diver.
The Ultralight Travel Plate is for the diver who enjoys diving back plate and wings but doesn’t want the weight that a traditional metal plate has. Paired with the WTX-D18 doughnut wing, it makes a very lightweight, streamlined piece of kit. It can accept the SureLock Weight System directly or by using SureLock attachment plates.
Apeks Deluxe One-Piece Webbed Harness
The Apeks Deluxe One-Piece Webbed Harness is simple, yet durable, the harness can take a load of a fully rigged technical diver customised with the hardware of your choice.
Aqualung Griplock Tank Band Non-Wrapture
We recommend using two of the griplock tank bands, assembly is the easy and safe solution for securing a cylinder to a BC. With its pat pend, Finger-Saver feature and macro presets, it solves many of the common problems associated with metal cam buckles. Find out how easy it is to use gripLock.
Optional Apeks WTX Stainless Steel Book Screw
If the lightest weight possible is the goal you can use one Griplock tank band and one book screw to help keep your rig together.
Optional Apeks Trim Pocket Pair WSX25
They included a stainless steel buckle to prevent the pocket from sliding once mounted. They may be added to your rig to increase weight capacity or to trim your orientation in the water. The part number includes two pockets.
Optional Apeks Surelock Weight System Attachment
This unique accessory allows you to mount the SureLock™ Weight System (Patented) directly to the backplate.
Optional Apeks Surelock Weight System 2 x 10LB/4.5KG
This popular accessory is ideal when it becomes necessary to add additional weight to your rig. Using the included hardware, they may be bolted to the WTX harness or to the SureLock™ Attachments. SureLock™ is the best mechanical weight release system in the industry today. A simple click is all that is needed to engage the weights and a simple pull on the handle to release them.