Apeks RK3 Scuba Diving Fins
Simply the BEST Tech Diving Fins
The Apeks RK3 Fin is designed in collaboration with the US military and is renowned for outstanding performance and reliability, the Apeks RK3 is a rugged thermoplastic rubber fin featuring an oversized foot pocket to accommodate drysuit boots and a spring strap for easy donning and doffing.
The RK3 is available in sizes: Small, Medium, Large and Super.
Apeks didn’t give the RK3 fins a shoe size range as this can be very misleading with the fin.
The environment that an RK3 is used in will tend to dictate the size of fin that you need. For example, do you dive in a warm environment wearing wetsuit boots, or are you walking across pebbled beaches and wearing a drysuit and rigid dry boots? Both forms of footwear may be a size 9 but will take up different amounts of space in the fin foot pocket.
Now with new colours to choose from Pink, White, Orange and Yellow
Apeks RK3 Fins Benefits and Features:
- Based on one of the first vented rubber fins sold in North America and popular among military and professional divers.
- Compact, and ultra-rugged for use in harsh environments.
- Great for travel due there size and weight
- Improved foot pocket with spring straps for ease of use with cold hands or thick gloves.
- The design has been the standard gear issue fin for military, special ops, coast guard and public safety divers for decades.
- Short wide blade provides maximum forward thrust while maintaining excellent manoeuvrability.
- The vented blade design reduces resistance on the upstroke and enhances thrust on the downstroke.
- The vents also eliminate vortexes that can occur along the back of the blade.
- The blade material is designed to hold up in the harshest environments, temperatures and abuse.
- Two large grommet holes are designed to fit most karabiners for secure storage of the fins while accessing the dive site.
- Spring straps as standard.
- Custom designed buckle holds spring straps in the optimum position.
- A simple push pin design allows the simple replacement of springs if necessary.
- Buoyancy – Slightly positive
- Sizes: Small, Medium, Regular and Super
Fin Technical Specifications
- 810g each fin
- Blade length 47.5cm
- Foot depth 20cm
- Foot width 7.5cm
- 982g each fin
- Blade length 49cm
- Foot depth 22cm
- Foot width 9cm
- 1.19kg each fin
- Blade length 54.5cm
- Foot depth 25.5cm
- Foot width 9.5cm
- 1.27kg each fin
- Blade length 57cm
- Foot depth 27cm
- Foot width 10cm