PADI Emergency First Response
Emergency First Response Primary & Secondary
CREATING THE CONFIDENCE TO CARE
Emergency First Response gives you the tools you need to perform CPR and First Aid. Whether you’re a diver or a non-diver, Emergency First Response prepares you to handle potentially life-threatening situations properly.
This comprehensive program is composed of two core modules that can be taught in tandem or as stand-alone courses: Emergency First Response – Primary Care and Emergency First Response – Secondary Care. Together, these courses proved extensive instruction in CPR and First Aid, as well as providing optional (yet recommended) Automated External Defibrillator (AED) and Emergency Oxygen sections.
These two courses together satisfy the PADI Rescue Diver CPR & First Aid prerequisite.
Once enrolled with Dive Gear Australia we will send you your eLearning code to complete the online theory
- Primary Care (CPR) – This course teaches you the steps and techniques for handling life-threatening emergencies. You’ll practice eight skills for aiding patients who aren’t breathing, have any heartbeat, may have a spinal injury, maybe in shock or who may have serious bleeding. You’ll learn how to perform CPR and continue to monitor the patient so that you provide every possible chance of survival while waiting for emergency medical services to arrive.
- Secondary Care (First Aid) – Because many medical conditions are not life-threatening and emergency medical services are sometimes delayed or unavailable, this course teaches you how to provide first aid that eases pain and reduces the risk of further harm. You’ll learn to assess a variety of injuries and illnesses and practice bandaging and splinting.
- Emergency First Response® Primary and Secondary Care eLearning with EFR Primary and Secondary Care Video
- EFR Certification
- All assessments (Knowledge Reviews, Exams, and Record)
- Digital Emergency Care at a Glance card