Northern Diver Ankle Weights
This pair of Northern Diver Ankle Weights weights are designed to reduce leg and fin buoyancy and minimise back stress for a safer, more comfortable dive. Ankle weights are an important part of a diver’s total weighting system. If your legs are too high, then there will be increased drag. When your legs are too high, this will slow you down and cause fatigue. Correct your position with these Northern Diver Ankle Weights.
Why use ankle weights?
Divers frequently require ankle weights because the legs of a drysuit are filled with air. The result is that the legs want to float up automatically so ankle weights add negative buoyancy to the ankles and help bring the legs down into a correct horizontal position.
The soft outer shell allows for a comfortable fit around the ankles.
Northern Diver Ankle Weight Feature
- Reduces leg and fin buoyancy
- Minimises back stress for a safer, more comfortable dive
- Side-Release Squeeze Style Quick-Release Buckles
- Easy draining Fastex buckles securely fasten weights
- Buckles easily released with one hand
- Durable Nylon Cover with Lead Shot for Ballast
- Form-fitting design and rugged construction
- Ankle weights are supplied as a pair
Northern Diver Ankle Weight Sizes
Small: each weight filled with 450g lead shot (length 33-40cm)
Large: each weight filled with 750g lead shot (length 40-46cm)