Apeks WTX Harness System D30
The best Tech/Recreational Single Tank Wing Setup for diving. The Apeks WTX Harness System D30 setup is great for using on your everyday basis, or if you choose the light travel backplate, great for travel. This setup has been designed for beginners and experienced divers alike. The apeks WTX range allows for unbelievable customisation/personalisation of your configuration to suit any of your needs.
Apeks WTX D30 Wing
Single cylinder wings, often referred to as doughnuts, are oval-shaped air cells or bladders that are not permanently attached to a harness. While single cylinder wings have their origins in the realm of technical diving, they are becoming prevalent in the recreational community.
Not only are these single cylinder wings streamlined, but due to their continuous loop shape, they are very stable underwater. There is no dramatic shift of air from left to right.
Apeks WTX Harness
Each component of the Apeks WTX Harness is very comfortable and easy to get in and out of with its buckles on the shoulder straps and chest strap. This rig can also be configured into a highly technical rig for those trained to push the limits or scaled down to make a travel-friendly set-up suitable for any diver. The harness also has a pocket where you can easily insert a steel backplate under the front padding for use with a twin tank setup
The WTX and WTX-D Series is a selection of harnesses, buoyancy cells, and accessories that offer unparalleled versatility due to the whole system’s modular nature.
This harness is Apeks most versatile yet features a range of customisation options.
Apeks WTX Harness Features
- Can mount directly to a single cylinder using dual nylon cylinder bands or a single tank adapter.
- Can accept a WTX Back Plate for heavy loads such as twin steel cylinders.
- Multiple grommet settings on the waistband allow the attachment of the SureLock™ weight system.
- Open shoulder design allows a diver to add or remove hardware for total customisation
- Made from rugged 1050D Ballistic Nylon.
- Removable crotch strap made of 2″ (5cm) soft webbing.
- 6-two inch stainless steel D-rings (2, angled, on shoulders, two on the hips and two on the crotch strap).
- 6-one-inch stainless steel D-rings along the sides accommodate light canisters, argon bottles or other accessories.
- 2-one-inch stainless steel D-rings along the lower back are for marker buoys, reels or other accessories.
- Removable back pad.
- Heavy-duty waist buckle made of stainless steel.
- Stainless steel tri-loaders distribute the load between the back, waist and shoulders for a great fit.
- SOLAS reflector airway hold-downs can be removed or repositioned.
- The chest strap comes standard.
- Available in 4 sizes: S, M, L & XL.
- The WTX Harness also includes two tank bands.
WTX Technical Specs
- Material 1050D Nylon
- Triloaders Stainless steel
- D-Rings Stainless steel/total of 14
- Waist buckle Stainless steel
- Backpad Removable
- Airway hold-downs Made of SOLAs reflectors, removable
- Crotch strap Yes, removable
- Model Number BT1210101
Apeks Sureloack Weight System Attachment
This unique accessory allows you to mount the SureLock™ Weight System (Patented) directly to the backplate.
Apeks Surelock Weight System 2 x 10LB/4.5KG
SureLock™ is the best mechanical weight release system in the industry today. This popular accessory is ideal when it becomes necessary to add additional weight to your rig. Using the included hardware, they may be bolted to the WTX harness or to the SureLock™ Attachments. A simple click is all that is needed to engage the weights, and a simple pull on the handle to release them.
Apeks Trim Pocket Pair WSX25
The part number includes two pockets. They included a stainless steel buckle to prevent the pocket from sliding once mounted. They may be added to your rig to increase weight capacity or to trim your orientation in the water.