Apollo Bio-Fin Pro XT XtraTorque
The Apollo Bio-Fin Pro XT XtraTorque comes standard with high-quality Spring Straps. The Bio-Fin Pro XT is a stiffer Bio-Fin designed for diving professionals, Search and Rescue, Police and military.
The split fins are made from natural rubber, the best fin material in the world. The split fin is designed to eliminate muscle cramping but maintains great power and speed with little effort, therefore, reducing your air consumption up to 40% while scuba diving.
Has been Independently voted the best overall fin in the world by Rodale Scuba Diving magazine.
Apollo Bio-Fin Pro XT XtraTorque Features:
- Faster and stronger with a firmer feel
- Made from natural rubber, the very best fin material in the world
- Brilliant new technology gives extra speed and strength while virtually eliminating muscle cramping
- Reduces air consumption
- Stunning charcoal grey colour
- Fantastic power and speed for the discerning diving professional
- Includes spring straps
- Made in Japan
How the BIO-FIN PRO XT Works
Bio-fin provides lift and propulsion with less effort and more power.
Unlike old-style fins, which “push” water up and down, the Apollo bio-fin provides power, lift, and forward thrust on each stroke.
The bio-fin directs water flow over the leading and trailing edges of the fin blade.
The result is lift and acceleration just as in an aircraft wing.
Natural Rubber Is the Best Material
Additional Kinds of Propulsion
Apollo bio-fins have the advantage of 2 additional kinds of propulsion in comparison to blade or paddle fins.
Firstly bio-fins have great downwards force propulsion generated during the downstroke.
Much the same as your classical style blade or paddle fins.
Secondly, the bio-fin creates additional propulsion when water passes through the split blade during both the up and down strokes. This is “lift”.
Due to its flexibility and ease of use, the bio-fin also generates similar propulsion on the upstroke that can’t be achieved by the blade or paddle fin styles.
In summary, the bio-fin is propelled by both up and downward propulsion, and then this speed accelerates even further with lift.
Fins Stoke Efficiency
The new bio-fin works like a propeller-fin and is far more efficient than the traditional paddle style fins used by many divers today.
The propeller-fin ™ design improves the fin’s effectiveness while reducing the amount of energy the diver must expend while finning.
Speed, comfort, and maneuverability … you can have it all!
Extensive field-testing showed that participants were able to reach and sustain higher speeds when using the bio-fin than with conventional paddle-style fins.
Voted “Best Overall” (2001-2005) and “Testers Choice” (1999-2005) in Rodale / Scuba Lab USA’s annual independent fin review.
BIO-FINS- Ergonomic Design
The bio-fin is designed with a 20º angle to accommodate a diver’s natural tendency to bend slightly at the knees in addition to the obvious bend at the ankle.
This angle is crucial to top performance and comfort.
The result is better propulsion and the least amount of stress on the body.
Apollo’s choice of superior material and intelligent design provides divers with quick acceleration and the ultimate in power, speed, and comfort.
World No.1 Fin
Voted “BEST OVERALL” (2001-2007)and “TESTER’S CHOICE” (1999-2007)in Rodale / Scuba Lab USA’s annual independent fin review.
The only open heel fin rated EXCELLENT for power vs. stress.
The only split-fins voted Tester’s Choice 8years in a row!
Being built from a 100% natural rubber the
Bio Fin Pro comes into its own for medium and long-distance swims where energy consumption is at a premium. You will swim these fins all day long without cramping up.
The design of our military fin makes it ideal for helicopter airdrops. If secured to the body during freefall and/or static line drops the fin will bend to the curve of the leg or torso to minimize entanglements etc. Because the flexible split blade design offers only minimal resistance upon water entry operators may choose to wear the Bio Fin during low-level helicopter insertion water drops.
Both surface and subsurface operations are aided by the innovative propulsion design that reduces air consumption and fatigue by up to 40% over conventional blade fins.
Its capability covers all aspects of military operations such as MCT (Maritime Counter-Terrorism), MTO (Maritime Tactical Operations), MCM (Mine Counter Measures) and UBDR (Underwater Battle Damage Repair)
Tech & Care
- A wider kick results in loss of momentum. Whether your travelling at cruise speed or powering through current keep your kicks small. You will move quicker and more efficiently.
- Rinse fins with fresh water after use. Store indoors. Avoid extended exposure to extreme heat, cold, damp, dry and automotive exhaust. Bio fins are not the same material as tires which are often a synthetic or hybrid. Avoid UV and other protective sprays or lubricants. These products often contain oils or other ingredients harmful to natural rubber.
- Spring Straps are stainless but not stain proof. To ensure hardware remains cosmetically appealing and easy to work with, we recommend occasional disassembly to rinse screw threads. Baking soda helps remove any staining that may occur.