Tuna Tamer Float (Exclusive Edition)
The HUNTMASTER Tuna Tamer Float (Exclusive Edition) has incorporated true innovative technology for spearfishing floats. These tubeless floats are constructed with the strongest material on the market – 0.9mm PVC.
This material is used for high-end Rigid Inflatable Boats (RIB) such as marine rescue and police boats. These floats come in a range of high visibility colours.
With a tear capacity of over ‘450kgs‘, the Tuna Tamer Float is built tough because it needs to be! The Tuna Tamer has 45kg of lift at 20m depth and can hold 3.0 Atmosphere.
Why Tuna Tamer (Exclusive)?
We’ve all lost massive doggies to snapping slip tip cables when they reef up, tearing off heavy-duty floppers and snapping thick shafts. So, we thought, what if they couldn’t reef us and take our floats under? The Tuna Tamer incorporates much stopping power into a float that can easily be used for fish like marlin.
The Tuna Tamer is the same float as the Abyss, but with an additional centre mounted D Ring and a much wider frame to make it more difficult for powerful Tuna to bring down the float.
Center Mounted D-Ring (Reduce the fear of losing your float and gear!):
Attach the Tuna Tamer floatline and bungee kit to your centre-mounted D ring, and you can rest assured that your fish isn’t going anywhere. The drag of the float will stop your target dead in its tracks, and the TUNA TAMER floatline and bungee has enough stretch to avoid shots tearing out from sudden jolts. When they are fully extended, the float will bob at the surface or a couple of meters under as the fish tries to pull it under. The Tuna Tamer ensures that the Tuna is tamed over and over again.
Additional D rings:
The additional D Rings can be used to put extra hurt on the fish. By locking off the floatline to one of the front offset D rings, the TUNA TAMER’s hydrodynamic design is totally negated.
Tuna Tamer Float Design:
HUNTMASTER has worked extensively with engineers and passionate spearos to provide the ultimate spearfishing float design. HUNTMASTER floats have been carefully crafted with the following design features;
- All HUNTMASTER floats are made using 0.9mm PVC, making them puncture-proof and abrasion-resistant, protecting the float from damage from fish fins, spear tips, knives and other sharp objects.
- Our floats are aerodynamically engineered and handcrafted, with an internal and external structural design that lessens drag in the water. This new technology ensures maximum comfort for the spearo, reducing exertion from dragging heavy floats and improving overall dive time.
- Unique Tuna Tamer centre D ring system holds the biggest fish in the ocean. If it swims, the Tuna Tamer will stop it.
- Unlike other spearfishing floats, HUNTMASTER float designs are innovatively shaped. As demonstrated in the product image, HUNTMASTER floats do not require additional lead weights to be added for the flag to remain upright.
- This float’s structural design and dimensions allow for ~ 45kgs* (100lbs) of lift ~ 20m depth. This is achieved by pressurizing the float up to 3 Atmospheres (ATM), (29 lbs PSI).
- HUNTMASTER floats come in a variety of high visibility, ensuring that you are seen by other boats and fellow divers, which is crucial for safety.
Unique High Viz Colours:
These unique high viz colours can be mixed and matched with the Huntsman and Huntress wetsuits, rashguards, Harbinger camo masks, snorkels and Huntmaster floatlines.
Even the purple floats and floatlines can pair up nicely with the Blue Huntsman or Pink Huntress wetsuit, with slight shades of purple throughout the Harbinger Blue and Pink Camo!!!
These high viz colours are crucial for safety, ensuring divers are seen by other boats and fellow divers.
What’s included with my HUNTMASTER float?
When you order your float from Dive Gear Australia, you can expect the following items to be included in your purchase;
- Three heavy-duty handles (2 sides and one rear). HUNTMASTER handles are designed with strength and durability in mind, giving spearos the assurance that they won’t fail under extreme pressure when game fish take your speargun and float.
- Has five thick marine grade large stainless D rings. Additional D rings provide the spearo with options in stopping fish.
- Additional Center Mounted D-Ring (reduce the fear of losing your float and gear!)
- Valve adaptor assembly, repair kit and wrench
For a limited time, the following accessories are included, free of charge, with all HUNTMASTER float purchases:
- Heavy-duty RIB hand pump valued at $79
- High visibility flag and holder valued at $39
Dimensions: 1040mm x 650mm x 200mm
Specifications: 45 liters / buoyant force of 120lbs, (3 ATM, 29 lbs PSI)
Weight of float: 3.5kgs