Sea and Sea MDX Z7 Underwater Housing Nikon Z7/Z6
State-of-the-art housing for the full-frame mirrorless Nikon Z7/Z6 camera. Compact, compatible with the Optical YS Converter and ergonomically designed.
Which takes advantage of the Z7/6 camera’s compact design and lightweight, the housings have been designed accordingly to enhance these features. Compared to SLR MDX-850 camera housing, the MDX-Z7/6 is 100g/3.5oz lighter in weight on land.
Weight: MDX-Z7 2700g/95.2oz (on land), MDX-D850 2800g/98.8oz (on land).
- Ports and gears for the MDX series SLR housings can be used.
- The MDX-Z7/6 is compatible with the system chart for the MDX series SLR housings. You can utilize F-mount lenses with the mount adapter FTZ and ports/gears for the MDX series housings.
- Compatible with Optical YS Converter/N1. TTL strobe photography possible.
- An optional Optical YS Converter which converts the camera’s hot-shoe TTL signal into an LED light signal is compatible with the housing. Manual strobe photography is also possible.
They are designed for both F mount lenses with the mount adapter FTZ and Z mount lenses.
The Focus/Zoom dial has two gears, one for F-mount lenses with the mount adapter FTZ and the other for Z mount lenses. The MDX-Z7 has been designed to take into consideration various Z mount lenses which will soon be available.
The camera’s upper control panel can be seen.
A window for the camera’s upper control panel is also incorporated. As the brightness of the camera’s upper control panel has increased, the visibility is now greatly improved.
MDX-Z7 Other Features
- The Port Lock prevents the port from turning or loosening and the Port Lock lever is specifically located to avoid being unlocked accidentally.
- The housing is equipped with a lens-lock release button which makes it possible to change lenses easily, without opening the housing.
- Pulling out the Focus/Zoom Dial gives sufficient room inside the housing to easily accommodate larger diameter lenses.
- The camera’s diopter adjustment dial can be operated from outside the housing. This feature is useful when two or more people with different eyesight use housing.
- All controls have luminescence stickers which glow in a dark environment.
- Equipped with the Optical Viewfinder 0.5x as standard. Other optional viewfinders such as Optical Viewfinder 0.66x, and 0.8x can be used.
- ※Some vignetting occurs. When the VF45 and VF180 1.2x is mounted on the housing, the corners of the camera’s viewfinder cannot be viewed due to vignetting.
- Sync Cord 2-pin Connector enables the use of conventional hardwired Sync cable (Manual mode only).
- Equipped with two sacrificial zinc diodes (one on the front case and the other on the rear) to prevent electrolysis damage.
- Equipped with under guard to protect from scratches.