HuntMaster Weight Vest Camo
The HuntMaster Weight Vest Camo is meant for divers using the (Huntsman and Huntress) wetsuits who need more weights than a belt can fit or who want to distribute the dive weights they are carrying more evenly. A more even distribution of weights is essential in shallow water and can help to keep you concealed in weed beds and shallow reef alike. By putting a third of your weight in your vest, you will achieve a more even spread of weight, putting less stress on your lower back.
It is also safer than overloading a weight belt with too much weight.
Most good spearfishing weight vests attach to your weight belt in one form or another making it hard to separate the belt from the vest in an emergency quickly. The Camo weight vest uses a simple plastic ball that tucks under the belt and locates the vest snug on your back to avoid it riding up your shoulders when duck diving.
The benefit of this system is that when making an emergency ascent by dropping your weight belt, you’ve lost two-thirds of your total weight without having to worry about clips, straps or fasteners. If you need to drop the remaining third of your weight, it’s a simple task of 2 quick release clips.
We found that other styles of vests that thread a single clip through oversized D rings had a tendency to get hung up under load. We don’t compromise on safety and believe our vests use the safest connection method on the market.
Unique Camo Design Colours Available to Suit all habitats.
Blaze for rocky structures,
Blue for pelagic species in open water,
Green for grassy and weedy habitats
Red and Pink for the tropical reefs. Red and Pink are bright and visible on the surface and fade to an inconspicuous blend of grey and granite at depth.
Weight Vest Camo Features:
- Unique multi-coloured and multi-layered camo pattern
- Available in 5 matching colours; Red, Green, Blue, Blaze and Pink
- Double-stitched for added strength and durability.
- Quick-release safety system
- Integrated front D ring for connection of whistle, torch, cray gauge or even your gun while you burley
- The vest can hold up to 6 x 0.75kg lead weights. This gives a total of 4.5 kg of extra weight.
- One size fits all with generous adjustment using the double-quick release clips