Atomic Subframe ARC Mask
This subframe provides incredible strength and rigidity as well as eliminating the bulky external plastic frame in other masks. A stainless steel retainer locks the lenses in place and provides added strength to the nose bridge area of the mask. A wide field of view and great fit completes the combination of function, style and durability. (US Patent #7,181,778)
Available in Standard Fit Only
The Atomic SubFrame masks are available in standard and medium fit. The medium fit mask has a skirt designed for narrow faces. The medium fit mask is identical to the standard model in every other detail.
Both versions of the patented Atomic SubFrame come with the optical quality UltraClear lens.
The SubFrame is the strongest and most indestructible frame made and is warranted for a lifetime from breakage.
ARC Lens Technology Elevates UltraClear To A Higher Level
Atomic Aquatics developed ARC (Anti-Reflective Coating) technology to reduce reflected light and actually increase the amount of available light transmitted to a divers eye. The result is a greatly improved transmission of 98% of available light, compared to a loss of more than 14% of light with standard green “float” glass used on the majority of masks on the market.
What is ARC lens technology?
Anti-Reflective Coatings or “ARC” is a multi-layer metal oxide coating process applied to both sides of the UltraClear lenses. This allows more light to enter the mask by reducing light reflections off the inside and outside surface of the lens. The metal oxide coating is only a few microns thick.
Why do you need ARC technology lenses?
Between 4-14% of light can be reflected back or “lost” by the standard “green float glass” mask lenses used by our competition. ARC technology lenses are especially important for SCUBA divers underwater, where available light is quickly absorbed by the surrounding water.
What is the underwater benefit of ARC for divers?
• Clearer, crisper vision. You will see more clearly underwater and objects in the distance will become more defined and acute.
• Increased contrast and clarity.
• Reduces eyestrain, glare, and prevents ghost images on the viewing area of the lens.
• An absolute must for night diving, limited visibility conditions, and underwater photographers.
SubFrame Mask Features
• Unmatched durability and resistance to breakage
• Optical quality, distortion-free UltraClear lenses
• Hydrodynamic styling with no exposed external frame
• Removable lenses for corrective lens options
• Wide vision and low volume
• Great fit
• Squeeze to adjust buckles
• Clear or Black silicone rubber with co-molded colour accents
• Available with ARC technology lenses