Aqualung 7mm Iceland Semi-dry Wetsuit – Men’s
The dive instructor’s favourite semi-dry suit, the Aqualung Iceland Semi-dry wetsuit, gets a fresh new look in 2022. Same technology, new colours. Aqualung’s most advanced semi-dry suit, with a dry zipper, flexibility and eco-conscious materials. The superfit seals significantly reduce water entry at the neck, wrists and ankles. The inner material is soft to the touch, while the outer material is abrasion-resistant, and the 7mm super stretch neoprene provides a new level of warmth.
The Aqualung Iceland features a multi-panel neoprene design and pre-bent anatomic arms and legs with improved Supratex kneepads, ensuring an exceptional fit with an excellent range of motion. A large cargo pocket or easy storage and a hook to hang your hood complete the features.
Aqualung Iceland Semi-dry Wetsuit Features
- Free Aqualung removable bibbed dive hood included Valued at $79 – Hood matches size
- Superstretch 7 mm neoprene (petroleum free) for maximum comfort and freedom of movement
- Durable TIZIP Dry zipper to limit water entrance
- Cargo pocket for maximum storage
- Liquid fusion seam technology and wrist and ankle cuff seals to limit water entrance.
- Removable hood included
- Abrasion-resistant Supratex shoulder and knee prints
- Neoprene collar
- 7mm AquaFlex neoprene provides warmth as well as substantial 4-way flexibility.
- Liquid Fusion Seam Technology with reinforcing patches on the inside at seam junctions enhances the durability and water-blocking integrity of the seams.
- Environment-friendly features: neoprene free of P.A.H. (Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbons), made from a non-petroleum based material and has reached (European Union standards) approved thread. The neoprene is now produced with recycled black carbon. The outside and inside linings are knitted with dope-dyed yarns (reducing energy and water consumption) and are laminated on the neoprene sheets with water-based glue.
- No-slip prints on shoulders and hips provide added protection and help keep the BC shoulder straps in place. The wrist graphics help keep your computer where you want it to be.
- The outer nylon material is resistant to abrasions, and the «hook and loop» snags due to the tighter weave to keep your suit looking good!
- The inner material is ultra-soft, making these suits easy to don and doff.
- The improved Powertex kneepad offers increased flexibility and excellent abrasion resistance.
Environmental Friendly features
Aqualung is committed to using environmentally friendly materials and processes whenever possible to help reduce our carbon footprint.
The laminating glue is water-based hence eliminating volatile solvent compounds.
Dope-dying infuses dye pigments into a molten plastic solution to produce coloured yarns without the dyeing process. This saves tremendous amounts of water while reducing energy consumption and water pollution.
Eco Carbon black
Carbo black, one of the key ingredients of neoprene, can now be pyrolyzed from scrap rubber tires. This significantly reduces energy consumption and reduces CO2 emission by 200g per wetsuit.
Aqualung has innovated its own super-stretch neoprene material called AquaFlex. Used throughout the whole suit, our AquaFlex neoprene has three times the stretch of standard neoprene and is available in our premium wetsuits.