Apeks Stainless Steel BackPlate
The WTX and WTX-D Series is a selection of harnesses, buoyancy cells and accessories which offer unparalleled versatility due to the modular nature of the whole system. Each component can be configured into a highly technical rig for those trained to push the limits or scaled down to make a travel-friendly set up suitable for any diver.
The backbone of any system – this cleverly designed backplate can be used with the Apeks Deluxe One-piece Webbed Harness or inserted directly into the WTX Harness. It is available both in stainless steel and aluminium.
- Offered in either 304 stainless steel or 6061 anodized aluminium alloy.
- The stainless steel weighs approx 5 lbs (2.2 kg).
- The aluminium weighs approx 1 lb 11oz (753g).
- Four each upper and lower slots accommodate nylon cylinder bands so a single cylinder can be strapped directly to the plate. Having a series of 4 slots provides lateral stability of the cylinder that traditional two-slot plates cannot.
- Three holes at the top of the plate offer a range of height adjustments for the buoyancy cells and the cylinders. In addition, a corresponding lower centre slot allows for lower band bolts that are misaligned.
- 2” wide crotch strap slot.
- Upper and lower perimeter holes along either side and holes along the bottom allow for the mounting of accessories.
- Both offer an electro-plate finish and a laser-etched Apeks logo to enhance the look of the plate.